JLABS @ TMC Breakthrough Medical Technologies QuickFire Challenge
The innovator(s) with the best ideas will receive up to $250,000 in convertible notes funding from TMC ; entry to the TMCx accelerator program; one year of residency at JLABS @ TMC in Houston, Texas; and access to the Johnson & Johnson, Innovation - JLABS global ecosystem. Additionally, Johnson & Johnson Innovation has partnered with AngelMD, an investment platform and marketplace connecting innovative medical startups, physicians, investors, and industry partners to provide the selected innovative solution the opportunity to receive an additional convertible note investment up to $100,000 from its Catalyst Fund. As well, AngelMD will also consider qualified innovators company profile for listing on its investment platform.
Johnson & Johnson Innovation - JLABS @ TMC is a no-strings attached incubator with over 34,000 square feet of common, wet lab, and office space connecting regional entrepreneurs to global subject matter experts internally at the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, including, access to the Resource HUB, educational events and R&D experts from Johnson & Johnson’s medical device, consumer healthcare product and Janssen pharmaceutical teams.
Rewards and benefits:
- One year of residency at JLABS @ TMC*
- Up to $250,000 in convertible note funding from Texas Medical Center Venture Fund
- The potential of up to $100,000 in convertible note funding from Angel MD
- Admission to TMCx accelerator program*
- Mentorship by the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies and/or its affiliates
* Please note that acceptance of residency at JLABS @ TMC and attendance at the TMCx Accelerator in 2020 is required for the award recipient.
Areas of Interest:
We encourage applications from medical device innovators working on all focus areas, including a particular interest in the following areas:
- CARDIOVASCULAR: Atrial Fibrillation & Surgical Heart Condition
- OBESITY: More Durable Interventions & Prevent or Reduce Morbidities
- OSTEOARTHRITIS: Early Interventions & Better Surgical Outcomes
- OSTEOPOROSIS: Minimize Fracture Rates & Improve Healing
- DIGITAL SURGERY
- 3D PRINTING
- EYE HEALTH
Why this challenge matters to us
At Johnson & Johnson Innovation, we believe a good idea can come from anywhere, and it’s our goal to find new and innovative technologies that aim to provide solutions to patients from across the world. Working together, we can spark the next great idea that can potentially change the trajectory of health.
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of reviewers and judges on the ability to meet the following criteria:
- Potential impact
- Uniqueness of solution & level of competition in current market
- Quality & feasibility of technology
- Team credibility & capabilities
- Clarity of plan: Milestones, defined go/no go decisions and funding estimates
- Interest in the Houston innovation ecosystem